Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Background

Friday, April 9, 2010

Trip to Portland

A fabulous trip home! I flew home last Tuesday to Oregon to attend a baby shower that was thrown by my mother- and sister-in-law (Lisa and Caitlyn) and my long-time girlfriend Becky. I wasn’t sure how the logistics of getting everything home would work out, but I figured I’d worry about that after-the-fact, I just wanted to come home.

My flights in were fairly uneventful, only used the restroom 3X. There was only mild turbulence coming down from Seattle, but without Dramamine on board I wasn’t feeling too hot when I landed in PDX. The cold, fresh air helped though. I spent the first few days visiting with my in-laws. I also had dinner with a few high school friends- it had been way too long since we last saw one another.

The shower was great. I was so thankful that so many friends and family made the trip (even through snow). I just wish I had more time to talk to each of them individually. Baby Nelson received a lot of great stuff. I think many people were quite surprised at how big my belly had gotten since Christmas. PS Lisa the decorations were beautiful.

The next few days I was able to spend some quality time with my Mom, sister, brothers and Marques’ girlfriend, Jane. My Mom sister and I had some girl time and had massages, shopped and had some great meals in downtown Portland. Oh how I miss Portland!

My flight home was a bit more exciting (in a bad way). My 10:30 AM flight up to Seattle was delayed so I would have missed my Houston connection. Instead I flew out of PDX at 3:30 to Phoenix, then arriving in Houston at 11:30 PM! It was a long day, but it was wonderful to see my husband and kitties again.

I'll upload more photos when I get them...I stole these off Caitlyn's facebook page and Becky's Blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment