Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Background

Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

I have many things to be thankful for this holiday season.
Among other things, I am thankful for my good health, my loving family, my friends, my job, my house. Its been a tough few months and I am glad that some things are getting back to normal. I am thankful that parts of the island are back on-line. I am thankful that most everyone I know is back in good living situations. I am thankful that my work will be up and running when I return from Christmas.

I am not thankful for the numerous layoffs that occurred last week that will affect research as we know it. I still do not know all those let go, but I know of several faculty members that will be greatly missed. I pray that they can find great positions in the coming months. Even with tenure, it is difficult how easily anyone is dispensable. It has been a very somber couple of weeks.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I hope to see you all over the Christmas holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment