Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Background

Thursday, February 4, 2010

19 Week Ultrasound

So this morning we had our 19 week ultrasound.  It was very exciting!  Overall the baby looks good with a wieght of about 11 ounces and a heartbeat of 156 bmp.  It was fun to see all of the organs and bones.  I enjoyed watching the heartbeat.  Only 21 more weeks to go! And we didn't find out the sex, but it was very tempting since the tech just had us look away as he surveyed the legs and pelvis. The baby was very active and moved around a lot and at one point it looked as though it was punching me.  Unfortunately it never gave us a very good face shot.

I think that I have been feeling the baby move now since last Sunday.  Its an odd feeling, but I can imagine that it will get even more wierd when it becomes stronger.  Just in the past few days have I started to feel the need to eat more.  Until now I've eaten about the same amount as I had prepregnancy, but now I am always hungry.  Ryan has been rolling his eyes as I repeatedly head to the kitchen. I've gained about 10 lbs, which is on the low end of what they 'recommend' at this point, so I have some 'room' to work with.

I am finally feeling pregnant (and look it too)and it feels more real everyday that we will be having a child shortly.  The worries and what-ifs have started setting in.  I just continue to hope and pray and try to keep myself healthy.

I am very thankful for friends and family that have bought or given me hand-me-down maternity clothes.  They are working out great!  I love having a whole new wardrobe, but am a bit sad that I can't/shouldn't/don't need to go out shopping for myself. I am hoping spring arrives shortly because I am ready to get out of Ryans sweatshirts and into cute tops that show off my belly.

Ryan and I have ventured to Babies R Us and Target to look around a ALL the baby stuff that we will  be needing soon.  Its all a bit overwhelming.  But is should be fun using the GUN to register (which I had a blast doing when we got married).  I think once we have our few necessary basics I will feel a bit more comfortable and prepared, if that is fully possible.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Cute baby!! :) I sooo wish I had been there to have the tech show ME what this baby is. You are killing me here. :) Okay, only 21 more weeks, I guess I can hold out too. So happy to hear the baby is growing perfectly. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete