Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Background

Saturday, February 27, 2010

22/23 weeks



So this last week has been exciting.  Ryan got to feel the baby for the 1st time.  It seemed like everytime I'd call him over to feel it, the baby would cease to kick anymore.  I've started to see the kicking in my belly.  A few times it has kept me from being able to concentrate at work. 

Last weekend we went and bought our 1st baby purchase!- a stroller and car seat (thanks to Paul and Lisa, one set of future grandparents).  I went and bought an old junky car seat and traded it in for 25% off our new combo set at Babies R Us.  I have price compared a bit against Target and Babies R Us is more expensive, but they have a lot of sales and we keep getting 20% off coupons being a 'rewards' member that, the few things we have bought have all been on sale.  With the money I saved I headed over to Marshalls and picked up a few things they had.  Now that our guest bedroom is getting filled with baby stuff it feels like we may actully be prepared by the time the little one arrives!
For Valentines Day we went and bought me a body pillow to help me sleep and I love it! It takes up half our bed but it really has helped keep my hips from hurting so much.  I may want to keep it around even after the baby is born, but Ryan may put up a fuss.
This morning we headed to a big, charity garage sale that one of Ryan's ex-coworkers was helping put on and found a few baby clothes (both unisex and a few really cute things for one sex or the other), blankets, and a baby sign language kit. 

Next week we have another ultrasound and hopefully we will get a better photo of the baby's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment